Home About cre.ations.net Recent creations Nate True's blog Most popular Most viewed Browse creations Creators Forums
Log in Register
iPhone 1.1.3 jailbreak releasedTags: 1.1.3, 113, iphone, jailbreak, orange juice, release
STATEMENT OF RISK
As all upgrades are risky, this one is doubly so. You may have to restore your phone using iTunes and start again if it fails. Make sure to back up first!
This jailbreak, like the 1.1.2 jailbreak, comes as an upgrade. This means you need to have a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken phone already, before you can begin.
QUESTIONS? See the FAQ
Official Jailbreak release works for iPod Touch, and is easier to do. Go here for that.
Update - unlocked phones appear to remain unlocked and work properly after the update, according to scattered reports.
MAC VERSION - Download the 1.1.3 package maker and open it, then run Run_This. Read carefully, press Enter when necessary, and the image will be uploaded to your phone. Then skip to the Installer part below.
Here's how you do it:
- Start with a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken phone with Installer.app installed AND AT LEAST 300mb OF FREE SPACE.
- Plug in your phone via USB to your computer.
- Download, extract, and run iBrickr Special 1.1.3 jailbreak edition (ibrickr.exe in the archive).
- iBrickr will determine what firmware you are running on your phone and make sure you can run the update.
- iBrickr will then guide you through the process of obtaining and modifying the 1.1.3 firmware (make sure to read everything thoroughly).
- iBrickr will upload the new firmware image to your phone. Note that this only puts the file on your phone and does not modify it at all, yet.
- When iBrickr finishes (should take about 10 minutes), it will tell you to go to Installer and install the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package. Do that.
- The upgrade will stall at about halfway. THIS IS NORMAL. DO NOT INTERACT WITH YOUR PHONE WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING. Just leave it plugged in and leave it alone.
- When the installer finishes (this should take another 10-15 minutes), your phone should reboot with a fresh activated 1.1.3 firmware.
I'll be posting a video tutorial on Gear Live's Bleeding Edge real soon, so watch for that!
If you feel like giving, please donate to a worthy charity. Donations directly to the Dev Team are not possible. If you wish to donate to me directly, you can do that via Paypal.
Props to everyone on the Dev Team, including (in no particular order): netkas, NerveGas, asap18, bgm, Bugout, bushing, chris_, dinopio, drudge, Fred_, gray, MuscleNerd, natetrue, pr3d4t0r, roxfan, Turbo, Zf[strike], np101137, pumpkin, and kroo, along with many contributors who wish to remain anonymous.
And props to Fred_ and planetbeing, who were among the first with a 1.1.3 jailbroken iphone, and Zibri, by whom this method was largely developed. Additionally to Shaun Erickson, who packaged the Installer half of the upgrade, and runs most of the application packaging for the iPhone. He's looking for a job too - hire him!
Additionally, members of the iPhone Elite team also played a part.
- iBrickr grabs the 1.1.3 iPhone firmware image and extracts, decrypts, and decompresses the disk image.
- Then it applies a patch, jailbreaking the disk image and activating it, and also installing Installer.app.
- It uploads this new modified image to the phone, as 113_upgrade_image.bin.
- The "1.1.3 soft upgrade" app flashes the phone with the image and reboots.
- You have a perfect, jailbroken, upgraded 1.1.3 phone, with all your settings and music intact!
If you want to put ringtones on your new 1.1.3 phone (and don't have Garage Band), you might want to try out iPhone Ringtone Maker. It's put out by a friend of mine, and it works great. Totally worth the money.
Regarding the drama about this release - there is identifying information in the patches, that contains pieces of the firmware as markers for what changes should be made to it. None of it is in any sort of useful form until it is merged again with a real 1.1.3 firmware image, which is downloaded directly from Apple.
(more recent creations)
psychedelic wallpapr inspired by sacred geometry, hindu & buddhist philosophy, kabalah spirituality & shamanic experiene by symbolika
Publish your own creations for free on cre.ations.net!
Learn more about cre.ations.net