Home About cre.ations.net Recent creations Nate True's blog Most popular Most viewed Browse creations Creators Forums
Log in Register
The "Walluminate"All > Tech > Hacks/Mods > The "Walluminate" by natetrue
I was, however, completely disappointed. The Walit was terrible. It was dim, the batteries took up too much space, and it had a flimsy clip to turn the light on and off. The very next week, I published an ironically scathing review and presented my solution on the Bleeding Edge, which you can view below:
(If you like The Bleeding Edge, subscribe to it)
You get the idea - a thinner, lighter, more efficient version of the Walit resulted.
A few weeks later, at Mind Camp, Bre Pettis from I Make Things interviewed me and published the video on the MAKE blog. You can view that video here:
Have a look at how I constructed the Walluminate below.
- A leather wallet
- At least four small surface mount LEDs (Search eBay for "white smt leds" or salvage them from an old cell phone)
- Two colors of thin, flexible wire (I used wire wrapping wire)
- Two CR1616 watch batteries
- A small amount of sheet brass, or something to make the battery holder out of
- A 1/8 watt 100k-ohm resistor (though anything betweek 10k and 1 megohm should work)
- A generic PNP transistor
- A small tactile snapdome button
When the button is released, the base is pulled low, biasing the collector-base junction of the transistor. Current to the LEDs is switched on and the LEDs take what they need from the batteries, illuminating your money in the process.
Log in or register to post comments.
Comments and questions to
(more recent creations)
psychedelic wallpapr inspired by sacred geometry, hindu & buddhist philosophy, kabalah spirituality & shamanic experiene by symbolika
Publish your own creations for free on cre.ations.net!
Learn more about cre.ations.net